I don’t update this very often….but I did put a couple links to projects underway in 2018, and some older items.
- Disruption in the Automotive Footprint: Model Limitations, Model Extensions, September 2018 RENIR Conference, Munk School, University of Toronto. This is the first draft of 2018.08.20.
- GERPISA Transportation and Energy in Japan, Sao Paulo, June 2018.
- Industry Studies Association China Automotive Geography, Seattle, May 2018
- Smitka keynote talk, James Madison University: China’s Challenges: JMU ISA 2014 v4.0
- Smitka 2015 ISA Conference presentation
- Smitka 2015 GERPISA Conference China presentations (two)
- Smitka & Warrian 2015 GERPISA Conference Supplier Technology paper & presentation
- Smitka and Warrian 2014 ISA Conference presentation.
- National Association of Japan-America Societies presentation August 27, 2013 in Pittsburgh. In a very brief time slot, I tried to highlight a combination of current issues (“Abenomics”), an overview of underappreciated areas of dynamism in the economy such as the transformation of lifestyles over the past 20 years, and long run issues driven by demographics (and which will drive a decline in the domestic auto industry). Smitka NAJAS presentation.
- Smitka ISA Conference final v2 This is a presentation given May 2013 at the annual Industry Studies Association in Kansas City, MO on the evolving role of suppliers as sources of technology in the automotive industry, reflecting 19 years of experience as a judge for the Automotive News PACE supplier innovation awards.
- UMTRI Conference Smitka My presentation at the April 2013 conference in Ann Arbor, MI “Inside Japan: Understanding the Current and Future Japanese Domestic and Global Automotive Industry” sponsored by the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI)